You are invited to participate in a Puppy Class for lots of fun, training and socialisation.
- For puppies from 8 to 14 weeks (at the start of classes). All pups need to have had the equivalent of a C5 vaccination .
- 6 -9 puppies in a class
- All pups have been vaccinated at least once, wormed and vet checked for health
The purpose of the classes - to give your Puppy the best start in life:
- Socialisation: The classes encourage the pups to be confident, easy going and well behaved with all dogs and people. Under professional care, pups are able to play with other dogs of varying age, size and sex. They are also exposed to other adults and children. Dogs who miss out on socialisation at the right age are more likely to be scared of strangers, or to react aggressively toward them.
- Simple training, eg “sit”, “down”, “stay” etc, walk sensibly on a lead. Pups with simple training will be happier and will behave well for the vet, the groomer, and you
- Routine health care: Owners will be instructed in: nutrition, nail clipping, dental care, brushing and coat care, as well as worm, flea and tick prevention.
- Costs $160 for 7 weeks (payable in advance), and includes a 70 page training and health care book written by us. Reduced price for second puppy at same class. (Price subject to Change)
- Classes are held at Gungahlin Veterinary Hospital, 7:15pm in the evenings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- The first class is full of information to prepare for classes (no puppies), including a vet hospital tour. The remaining 6 classes are 1 hour of ‘hands on’ work.
- Dates and times are arranged according to demand, but essentially we run four classes concurrently with staggered starting dates; we have classes commencing every 2 weeks. Please note that classes need a minimum of 6 puppies to be effective. Occasionally class dates may need to be changed due to lack of numbers
An experienced and qualified animal behaviourist runs all classes:
Vicki Young – Certificate IV, Delta Society Canine Good Citizens Instructor; CDC Certified instructor
Trained staff from the veterinary practice are also involved, especially in relation to health issues.
We use only motivational methods, no punishment, choke chains or harsh training. These methods are gentle, humane, effective, and fun!
All puppies must have had at least one C5 vaccination before commencing classes – please present or fax your certificate when booking in. All classes must be paid in advance. You can pay by cash, EFTPOS, Bank, Master or Visa cards at the ABC Office (Gungahlin Veterinary Hospital, 21 Crinigan Circle, Gungahlin) or by Bank, Master or Visa Card by telephone on 6255 5858, or fax on 6242 9862.
For all enquiries, and to reserve your place, please call Animal Behaviour Consulting (ABC) on 02 6255 5858.